Monday, January 28, 2013

Kid President


Spending the majority of my unoccupied school filled hours perusing through the millions of youtube videos I've come across my fair share of shriek worthy adorable children. It is therefore impossible to believe that anyone of these kids could reign supreme among the likes of Isaac Brown, a young little boy who could have been a member of the Jackson 5  given his dynamic performance of "I Want You Back" coupled with a choreographed dance, or Rosie and Sophia, two British dynamos who exploded on the scene wearing the frilliest pink tutus and tiaras all the while singing a cover of Nicki Minaj's "Super Bass." Kid President surely beats them all. After countless encounters of a video titled "A Pep Talk from Kid President to You"  on my Facebook newsfeed I could no longer resist the possibility of finding another adorable youtube gem so I finally succumbed to the peer pressure of my fellow "friends" by clicking the link. Unsure of the kind of pep talk a kid that looks no older than 9 years old could give me, I was stunned to find a witty and endearing Kid President providing a simple pep talk to everyone in need of a little pick me up. Drawing inspiration from Robert Frost, some "dude" named Journey and Michael Jordan, Kid President gives us just one simple piece of advice: be awesome and give the world a reason to dance. This pint sized charismatic president is not joking about dancing, as he throughout the video unexpectedly busts a move all the while giving us some attention grasping advice against the backdrop of a football field and a locker room making him appear like a coach guiding us through life. Making the video seem natural and spotlighting his personality, the viewer can't help but fall in love with Kid President when he spontaneously laughs at his own jokes or makes his indescribable facial expressions. I'm sold on what he has to say and can't wait to see more of Kid President, the "self appointed voice of this generation of children," on Rain Wilson's feel good website "Soul Pancakes." You won't find much about him such as his real  name, age, or hometown but no problem, Kid President suits him quite well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment